Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting ready for Cape Town

About two weeks ago, we blogged about the Cape Town 2010 conference where I will be working, preparing radio reports in English for stations that want to receive them.  Well, the time is almost here!  I'm mostly packed, and now trying to figure out if I've forgotten anything...  

I leave on Tuesday!  If you're so inclined, would you please pray that I would do my best and that the conference would be glad they brought me to work there?  Also, please pray for my family during this time!  That everything would go well and be quite uneventful.  Also, safe travel would be awesome, too, and for stability in Ecuador in light of the events of a week and a half ago.

I'm excited, nervous, anxious, eager and everything else all rolled into one right now.  Since I'm not attending as a delegate, my experience will be different than many, but I hope to absorb a lot just the same.  I'm especially excited about possibly covering a seminar about savings groups for extremely poor women -- I read a paper about it being done in Africa and was just amazed, and one of the authors will be speaking at the event.  The conference itself runs from the 17th through the 24th.

Thank you so much!

Love, Tim

No comments: