Friday, February 29, 2008

Isaiah and the stomach flu

Today, Isaiah is finally looking a little better, but was still sick again this morning, poor guy. I think by tomorrow this will all be behind us. Ari is really enjoying all her new friends here. I think there are about 20 other families, couples and singles here with 18 kids from ages 9 months to 12 years. The kids all really enjoy playing together already. Ari and Gabe (2 1/2 - on his way to Cambodia in June with his parents and 8 and 10 year old siblings) played their first game of ping-pong together after dinner last night and had a blast. Every shot was celebrated as a victory for both sides. Air hockey was similarly thrilling, and the evening was polished off with a pile of kids on the couch watching Charlotte's Web. Tim and I are trading off about every hour - staying with Isaiah and going to the classroom sessions. The curriculum is well-researched and thought-provoking. All of the presenters have been missionaries before for long periods of time - 7-13 years and address great topics - like conflict resolution, expectations, how to know yourself enough to address cultural differences. The topics and exercises have been really helpful - it seems kinda like pre-marital counseling. I guess in some ways it is a very similar process!!
 
Amy

No comments: